Knights of Peter Claver
Council No. 392
Blessed Francis Xavier Seelos
The Knights of Peter Claver were founded on November 7, 1909, in Mobile AL, as an organization to allow men of color membership in a Catholic fraternal society. With strong support of the Church throughout the years, the Knights of Peter Claver, now have over 700 subordinate units throughout the U.S. and a Unit in Colombia, South America. The Order, which is headquartered in New Orleans, LA, is comprised of over 18,000 Catholic family members. We continue our expansion efforts welcoming all Catholic to join. The Order is a member of the International Alliance Catholic Knights.
History shows that trials and tribulations test the mettle and bring out the best in the God’s servants whose lives are grounded in humility, patience, and complete submission to His will. By the “Apostolate of Presence,” Father Claver proved himself a friend and advocate to the poor and slaves, braving ostracism. Real Knights and Ladies of St. Peter Claver strive to be like him!
The Goals and Objectives of the Order are:
· To support the local parishes and the Bishop of the archdiocese/diocese
· To participate collectively in various parish and community activities.
· To promote civic improvements and social justice
· To encourage Lay Apostolic and Catholic Action
· To make contributions to worthwhile causes
· To award scholarships and support education
· To foster recreational assemblies and facilities
· To develop youth in a positive, nurturing environment
· To provide social and intellectual fellowship for its members
This is your invitation to Catholic Action! We extend a cordial invitation to all Catholics to join the Knights of Peter Claver, Knights of Peter Claver Ladies Auxiliary, and the Junior Knights or the Junior Daughters.
If you feel called, or are interested in knowing more about our Council, please call the parish (504)943-5566